- July 2020 – Assistant Professor of English (Indigenous Literatures / Creative Writing), Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, York University.
- Fall/Winter 2020-2021 – AP/EN 2600: Intro to Creative Writing, AP/EN 3620: Intermediate Poetry Workshop
prior teaching experience
- Fall 2018 – MFAs 101 online e-mail course with Literistic. Subscription-based course on applying to MFA programs in Creative Writing, in the form of 10 email lessons and additional online course notes & resource list. (~400 participants)
- Spring 2018 – Poetry workshops co-leader at ICS Milwaukee, via BIG READ Milwaukee / UWM Program. Week-long poetry class and workshop for 5th graders based on readings of Louise Erdrich’s Jacklight
- Spring 2018 – Oneida Nation Arts Program writing workshops series. 3 workshops aimed at helping adult and youth writers generate new work and revise existing material. Workshops include: “Stories & Soup,” a day-long seminar on writing and storytelling, and 2 weekly workshops with topics of “Memories & Mapping,” and multi-modal/hybrid writing.
- Fall 2016 – Spring 2018 – University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, AIS 101: Intro to American Indian Studies Teaching Assistant & leader of 4 weekly 1-hour discussion sections (~60 students, 4 courses/semesters).
- Summer 2017 – The Adroit Journal Mentorship Program, Mentor. Instructing high-school students through individual syllabus of weekly readings and feedback on generated poems.
- April 2017 – Apiary Lit, 30/30 Writing Marathon – online course space with daily creative writing prompts suitable for all levels and genres. (~100 participants)
- April 2015 – Apiary Lit, Generative Workshop in Poetry online course – A generative writing workshop for all levels, covering technique fundamentals as well as areas for exploration through prompts and exercises. Divided into themed sections intended to develop a shared vocabulary for the description of writing craft and other arts, such as juxtaposition, mapping, and framework/form. (~15 participants)
- Spring 2014 – University of Michigan, English 223: Intro to Creative Writing – “The Modern Creative’s Workshop”: a creative writing course focusing on craft, generative exercises, and the reading of texts from a writer’s perspective, developed through a “toolbox” of various techniques and forms, and covering poetry, fiction, and conceptual/visual and digital works. (~20 students)
- Fall 2013 – University of Michigan, English 125: Writing and Academic Inquiry – “The Craft of Human Inquiry”: a composition course structured around issues of identity, culture, and human nature. (~20 students)
literary & design experience
- 2015 – present – Founder, LMS Designer, & Director of Apiary Lit Workshops & Editorial Services
- 2013 – present – Founder, Designer, & Managing Editor of Anthropoid
- 2019 – reader, Gloria E. Anzaldúa Poetry Prize, Newfound
- 2015 – 2019 – Art Editor, Reservoir
- 2018 – June fellowships jury reader, Vermont Studio Center
- 2017 – 2018 – Apiary Lit’s 30/30 Online Writing Workspace coordinator, instructor & admin
- 2017 – mentor/instructor, The Adroit Journal Mentorship Program
- 2016 – reader, Sundress Publications’ Annual Chapbook competition
- 2015 – 2016 – Product/UI Designer, Guidings
- 2015 – co-editor, Bettering American Poetry vol. I
- 2015 – guest editor, Noble / Gas Qtrly
- 2015 – Reading Panel, Red Paint Hill‘s Bryant-Lisembee Book Prize
- 2012 – Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, PR & Design (social media marketing, ui/ux, web & mobile web, product development, mentor & consultant)
- 2012 – reader, A Cappella Zoo
- 2012 – reader, Utter
- 2012 – design, Orange Quarterly
- 2009 – 2019 – Strateglobe LLC, digital marketing and media
- 2008 – 2010 – Washington University in St. Louis – digital humanities lab consultant
- 2006 – editorial committee, design committee, Bellerive